- Assessing Your Needs
- Making the Improvements
- Statement on COVID-19
ERS of NC is 1 of only 3 contractors selected for the E-Conservation Home Assessment & Retrofit Program
The E-Conservation program was created to inform and educate residents about ways to reduce energy use and increase energy efficiency by educating and empowering individuals to be proactive in reducing their energy consumption.
The E-Conservation Program has funding to provide 250 North Carolina homes with an assessment and retrofit in 2014. Energy Reduction Specialists of NC is one of only 3 contractors in the state of North Carolina selected to perform these home assessments and retrofits.
- Approximately $800 total cost per home ($700 covered by E-Conservation and $100 covered by Homeowner)
- $200 of cost goes toward assessment and approximately $600 goes toward identified low-cost retrofit measures such as air sealing, CFLs, water heater insulation, and attic access insulation). Retrofit measures will vary from home to home, depending on assessment findings.
View participation requirements
ERS of NC is 1 of only 2 contractors selected for the Residential Energy Efficiency Program for Duke University Employees
The Duke Carbon Offset Initiative (DCOI) office has partnered with the Clinton Climate Initiative's Home Energy Affordability Loan (HEAL) program for a pilot program starting in the fall of 2014. This program will provide resources to 50 Duke empoloyees who own homes in Durham county to dramatically reduce energy usage in those homes. The pilot program is expected to serve as a foundation for a University-wide employee energy effieciency and renewable energy benefit program, and also build a model that can be replicated by other colleges, universities and organizations.
The DCOI-HEAL pilot program removes the most common barriers that prevent homeowners from performing energy efficiency upgrades within their homes and helps participants become comfortable with the audit and retrofit processes. Energy audit and retrofit contractors were pre-screened by the DCOI-HEAL program, and Energy Reduction Specialists of NC is one of the two contractors selected.
- A Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified energy audit of the participant's home
- Scheduling assistance for the audit
- A Personalized Energy Plan report (PEP) prepared by DCOI
- A list of vetted retrofit contractor
- Access to a low-interest loan rate from the Duke University Federal Credit Union
- A follow up Test-Out to ensure quality retrofit work was completed (if retrofit work is undertaken by the homeowner as part of this program)
View program details and application links
ERS of NC is a preferred and recommended vendor for the Greensboro Housing Coalition's Healthy Homes Program
Everyone deserves to live in a healthy home. The home audits and retrofits performed by ERS of NC are not only energy efficient and money saving updates, but provide a healthier living space for the family in the home. Contact us for more information.
We recently employed Energy Reduction Specialist of North Carolina to assist us in upgrading and weatherizing a secondary home for energy conservation. This involved many modifications due to the home being 63 years old. The home needed to have a central heating and air unit installed in addition to many other upgrades and modifications. I previously just had a bad experience with another construction co. and had many reservations about starting another construction project. I was pleasantly surprised.
Faye M., Greensboro